the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Monday 11 June 2012

Lakesha Wickner - 1 Poem


Here We Meet

I put your picture
Up on my wall
To remind me
That it's not so bad.

Close your eyes
And feel my lips.

Because when it's night
Here we meet.

The tricky thing
Is just yesterday
We were children.

Brushing your hair
Out of your eyes
Reminding you
To keep your eyes
Wide open.

People waiting around
To see you break down.

Don't worry about
The world hoping
To see you fail.

Because I'm right 
Here beside you.

Stars shining upon
Our faces,
Upon our world.

You're the one for me
Let me hold you tight 
As I kiss your gentle lips.

Let me say I love you
Before you say goodbye.

Give me a chance
Before you change your mind.

Because when it's night
Here we meet.

Here is where I take
My one last chance
And kiss you goodnight.

BIOGRAPHY: Lakesha Wickner currently resides in the USA. Besides writing poetry, she also draws and sometimes models. She has been writing poetry since being 12 years old. She is currently working on a novel.