the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Saturday 17 December 2011

Sarah Hamadeh - One Poem

Love Bond

That love bond that connects us to each other should be cut.
I've tried to change everything but your heart seems to be like hard rust.
I've gone through endless despair, don't you think it's enough?
Life without your love seems to be so tough.

You're so powerful, yet, so weak.
You made me fall in love ever so deep.
But now, I'm no longer that vulnerable little girl.
I'm letting go like a necklace of falling pearls.

But before I leave, I will thank you
For making me believe that our love story was true.
You still have a few confessions to make.
Where were you when I was baking your birthday cake?

Was there another Juliet
or was I only just a fake one?

Now it's time for me to let go...
Time for me to let go...

Biography: Sarah Hamadeh is a sixteen-year-old girl who loves to write poems. She is from Lebanon. She is quite talented and wishes to be a novelist in the future.