the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Monday 4 July 2011

Wanda Morrow-Clevenger - Two Poems

What to do With The Body

We talked about it
burn or bury
and agreed neither seemed right,
an unpleasant quandary for sure
this decision the stuff of nightmares

he said shoot me into space
like Timothy Leary, only whole
spread eagle
let me shrink to a marshmallow
float forever in the void

I sunk further into the couch pillows
took another swallow of rum and whatever
skirted the entire issue

it's a difficult thing,
making a body vanish.

In the End

I used to think I was the apparition
floating at the edge of canny denial
and tattle-tale uneasy conscious –
rattling my silent chains, breathing a chill reminder
on the nape of necks;
in the end
we see right through each other.