the sun is sparkling, the rain rumbling, and we badly need some poetry...

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Dave Schwartz - Three Poems

Things Spring Into Bloom

Things spring into bloom
By crawling from the ground
Yet I've not seen it yet
You've not been around
they say that it is seeds
Which when planted start to grow
Well, I've been planting ostrich seeds
And they do not ever show

I Shake My Head

I shake my head and lose my thoughts
They fall abbot and leave me dead
Oh, I'm not dead for sure
It's just that I forgot
Now pleased tell me true
aren't you being a bit silly
if you ask what I am doing
I forgot you silly Billy

I’m So Sad About You

I’m so sad about you
I can’t live without you
With everything I do
I just want to be with you
I’m so sad without you
I can’t be glad about you 
With everything I do
I just hope to remember you